Saturday, March 20, 2010

Peter Graves

I'm sorry to see that Peter Graves has died. He was an actor I enjoyed for most of my life, beginning in 1950's TV when he did a Saturday morning show about a horse called Fury. As a kid sitting on the living room floor, I thought the show was excellent. Later I learned that he was from my own city--Minneapolis, and had graduated from Washburn High School, where some of my best friends, and two brothers, went. What's not to like about this guy? Just a couple of months ago Peter Graves guest-hosted an hour on the Sinatra station on satellite radio and played his favorite Frank songs. And, of course, his reverse-mortgage commercials are still running on cable.

To all Minneapolitans--and especially Washburn grads--who came to California and did well, a belated St. Patrick's Day toast! Minneapolis Go Bragh!

No comments: